State-owned oil company Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) has inaugurated the $10bn Al Hosn sour gas project located around 180km southwest of Abu Dhabi, UAE.
The Al Hosn Shah Field project is the world’s largest of its kind and is the first ultra sour gas project to produce and process more than one billion cubic feet per day of ultra sour gas from a single gas plant.
Developed by a joint venture between ADNOC and Occidental Petroleum, the Al Hosn Shah gas development project is estimated to produce 504 million cubic feet of natural gas, 33 thousand barrels of condensates, 4,400 tons of natural gas liquids and 9,900 tons of sulphur granules.
Subsurface Global are delighted to have played a part in this project for more than 7 years.
ADNOC CEO Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber said: “The inauguration of the Al Hosn Shah Sour Gas Development Project is an important milestone for ADNOC, as we maximize the value of Abu Dhabi’s gas resources to meet the United Arab Emirates and the world’s growing demand.”
ADNOC has 60% stake in the Hosn sour gas project, while Occidental Petroleum owns the remaining 40% stake.
In 2015, the facility produced 2 million tons of sulphur and the output is estimated to reach 3.2 million tons in 2016.
Occidental Petroleum COO and president Vicki Hollub said: “The scale of the Shah Field development is larger than any other ultra-sour gas field in the world. With our collaborative efforts, we have used our combined expertise to deliver the project on time and on budget.
“Occidental is looking forward to the possibility of expanding the Al Hosn Gas project to help the UAE meet its energy needs.”
Congratulations from all at the Subsurface Global team.